Monday, May 9, 2011

Ditch The Deet: Week 3


Okay, I haven't had a whole lot of luck giving away these Ditch The Deet packages I've been mentioning on my blog over the past couple of weeks. I have indeed selected, and e-mailed, winners the past two weeks, and I have yet to hear from either of them. So, if you've entered the contest, be sure to check your e-mail. The Week 1 winner didn't have a name attached to the e-mail, but Week 2 went to Bob Stocker. Bob, if you're out there, get in touch with me so I can send you your stuff! ;)

Which brings us to week 3. I have two more "Ditch The Deet" survival packs to give away. The packs include an SOL Core Lite tool, Natrapel Insect Repellant Wipes, AfterBite Itch Eraser, and Ben's Insect Treatment for Clothing and Gear, all of which should come in handy for the summer months ahead.

To win this swag, all you have to do is send me a note at kungfujedi@gmail.com with a subject line of "Ditch the Deet." In the body of the message, write me a note about what your summer outdoor plans are,  and how this swag could come in handy. I'll pick a random winner later in the week and ship off the stuff. Easy as that! (At least in theory!) If you've already entered the contest, no need to send me another note. You'll be automatically eligible for the prize until I give away all the stuff.

Also, don't forget to enter the Ditch The Deet contest, which could send you and three friends off to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. For details on how to score that trip, click here.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't send a big thank you to my friends at Adventure Medical Kits for sharing these prizes with us. I've been a big fan of the AMK stuff for awhile now, and I appreciate their support of the Adventure Blog. Great stuff guys! :)

Update: Yay! I've heard from Bob! I'll be shipping his kit ASAP!