Monday, October 10, 2011

Get Your Photos Or Art On To Windows 7

Like me, I know that a lot of you are aspiring photographers who love to take photos of your outdoor and travel adventures. Over the years I've come to appreciate well shot images of some of the amazing places that I've either been to personally or hope to visit in my travels at some point, and many of them end up gracing the screens of my various devices, such as laptops, iPad, smartphone, and so on. Now, you have the opportunity to get some of your best photos on the screens of millions of others, thanks to an open call for art and photography from Microsoft.

The Windows Personalization Gallery already has some amazing images to choose from, and computer users visit the site on a regular basis to find new wallpapers and themes to customize the look of their screens. But with this open call, we all have the potential to share our images with a huge audience. The details are on the submission page, but in a nutshell, all you have to do is e-mail your uncompressed image to winpgal@microsoft.com with your name, e-mail address, website address (if you have one!), and a brief description of your photo. They ask that you submit one image per e-mail, so if you have a dozen to share, you'll need to do 12 e-mails, but other than that, the process is very straight forward. If you do submit multiple images, they may even be combined into a Windows theme of your work. For more information, checkout the FAQ on the program.

For an aspiring photographer, this really is a great opportunity to get your work in a highly visible place and in front of a lot of people. I know when I get the chance, I'm going to pair through some of my travel photos and hopefully find a few good ones to share.