Friday, April 22, 2011

Primal Quest To Return In 2012?!?!


Today has been an interesting day. While working away to catch-up on a variety of deadlines, I received a fantastic text from Don Mann, the race director behind the legendary Primal Quest adventure races, and my boss for the past two PQ's which took place in 2008 and 2009. The text simply read:

"Hello Kraig. Would you be interested in doing another PQ in 2012?"
Of course, my emphatic and immediate response was YES!

While the details are still very light, I can tell you that it looks like PQ will be back next year, with a seven day race, to be held somewhere in the Western United States. I know that's not much, but I promise to share more when I get more details myself.

This is, of course, great news for adventure racers, who not only have another fantastic race to look forward to, they'll also get to compete in one of the truly legendary events in the history of the sport. A word to the wise however, you had better start training now, as everything you've heard about the difficulty of the PQ courses is true, and I'm sure that Don Mann will be coming back strong next year.

I can't wait!