Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reminder: Win Gear From yourLUME and The Adventure Blog


Just a quick reminder that I'm giving away a couple of great gear items this week to help celebrate Earth Day, which is this Friday. The two items that are up for grabs include a GoLite Men's Litespeed Backpack and a Verde 20 sleeping bag from Sierra Designs. Both are great products and would certainly come in handy on your next trip.

To enter the contest all you have to do is send me an e-mail at kungfujedi@gmail.com with the subject of "yourLume." In the body of your message leave me a little note about your favorite outdoor destination or a place you'd love to use this gear. On Friday, I'll randomly select two winners and announce who gets the swag!

Big thanks once again to the folks at yourLUME.com for providing the gear for the giveaway. I've mentioned it a few times this week, but the site is an excellent source for great outdoor gear, but is also a social hub for sharing stories from our adventures, posting photos, and finding inspiration for our own future excursions. They also happen to be in the middle of their "30 Days of Giving" promotion, during which time 100% of their proceeds, up to $10,000, is going to Mercy Corps to help provide relief for the victims of the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster in Japan. So when you get a chance, swing by the site to check out everything they've got going on over there, and maybe even drop them a note to say thanks as well.

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been very happy and excited to read the notes that have been sent my way. I love that everyone has some great outdoor destinations to share and excellent plans for how they would put the new gear to good use. Keep 'em coming and good luck to everyone!